Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Story of Today's Heartbreak.

Sometimes life is like that;
It gives you what you want after making you wait for so long,
then takes it back,
just when you thought you've had it all in the grasp of your hands.

Meet my inflatable pool,
bought before Christmas at the price of $30!

 
Grew up : Australia Day (Monday)
Found dead : Today (Thursday, 3 days later)


Moral of the story :
Embrace what you have now, while you have it.
You'll never know when it will leave you.

If you're abit confused, here's the full story.
I bought an inflatable pool and have been spending half an hour to an hour, at every chance I get, to pump it up with my tiny pump. The sweat, the heat, the dedication spent on pumping up my inflatable pool was indescribable. The process was painfully slow, so much so that I could still fold it in 4 after every try.

One night after a day out swimming at a friend's, I came home to a very pleasant surprise : an inflated pool. I was overjoyed, smiling from ear to ear. I planned to buy a car cover so I can transport it outside and leave it in the sun, covered.

Now im thinking, maybe I should've kept it in my room and not left it there outside in the living area. I feel as if an enemy had just sabotaged my belonging, and it hurts to think that that enemy is someone I live with.
(I know you'll say it's just a pool, but imagine if it was something you've longed for, for so long..)

Oh, the feels.

No comments: